Aesthetic Injections Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
Aesthetic Injection Pre-Treatment Instructions - 7 Days Before
1) To avoid bruising it is best not to take any anti-inflammatory medication or pain relievers that are blood thinners such as Advil, or Motrin. **Do not hold aspirin if you have a history of heart disease, DVT/PE or neurologic condition, without speaking to your prescribing physician first.**
2) Avoid the following vitamins & supplements: Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Omega 3 fatty acids, Ginkgo biloba, Garlic, Ginger, cayenne, licorice, flax seed oil and COQ10
3) Avoid drinking alcohol a few days before treatment since it, too, is a blood thinner
4)Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun before your appointment
5) Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, facial scrubs or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated
6) Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids higher than 10%, Retinol and Retinol A
7) Always inform your clinician of all medications including antibiotics, high blood pressure medication, Coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners as well as your medical history.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
-Patients should be in good overall health.
-Do not use neurotoxins or dermal fillers if you are pregnant/breastfeeding,
-Do not use neurotoxins if you are allergic to eggs or any of its ingredients or if you suffer from any neurological disorders.
-Active skin infections are a contraindication to treatment
-Stay well hydrated before and after filler treatment. Dermal filler attracts and binds to water to add volume to the skin.
-The most common side effect is bruising and swelling. It is NOT advisable to have injections less than 2 weeks before a big event.
-Schedule a follow up appointment 2-4 weeks after treatment.
Aesthetic Injection POST‐TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1) Do not massage, rub or apply pressure to the treated area for 6 hours after treatment
2) Avoid ibuprofen, and drinking alcohol for a few days following treatment
3) Do not exercise for 24 hrs.
4) You may apply topical Arnica Montana cream to any areas with redness, bruising or swelling
5) Avoid exposure to the sun and cold outdoor activities until redness from treatment disappears
6) Do not restart Retinol or Retin-A for 2 days
IF YOU HAD NEUROTOXIN TODAY
1) Stay erect; do not lie down for at least 4 hours
2)You may experience occasional tingling sensations
3) An immediate headache is common especially, if it is your first neurotoxin treatment
4) It can take 2-14 days to take full effect. Neurotoxin can last 3-4 months.
5) Makeup can be reapplied after treatment
IF YOU HAD FILLER TODAY
1) Avoid kissing, puckering, using a straw, and “lip plumpers”. This can displace the filler material and cause complications.
2) Immediately apply ice to the area treated with very light pressure to reduce swelling. Ice should be applied for 10-20 minutes and then removed for 10-20 minutes. This cycle can be continued throughout today.
3) Mild to moderate bruising is very common with fillers. You may apply Topical and/or oral Arnica Montana to help with any areas of bruising and/or swelling.
4) Stay well hydrated can improve results. Filler attracts and binds to water to add volume to the skin.
5) Avoid facials, peel, micro-dermabrasion, dental treatment, “face down” massages for two weeks. Also, sleep on your back for the next few nights.
6) If possible, avoid makeup today. Gentle cleansing and moisturizer is fine.
7) The effect of filler is immediate with full effect in 7-14 days.
8) Juvederm products can sometimes cause lumps and bumps. If you notice lumps or bumps please contact your provider to schedule an appointment to massage them out. The lumps/bumps should resolve within 1-2 weeks.
**CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN OR THE OFFICE IMMEDIATELY TO REPORT ANY PAIN, REDNESS, BLISTERS, ITCHING, OR SKIN BLANCHING